COMMUNITY PHARMACY PRACTICE RESIDENCY
Georgetown Pharmacy / Georgetown Health Care Center
University of Kansas School of Pharmacy
PROGRAM NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
Table of Contents:
*Want to briefly discuss concept of pharmaceutical care and its growing importance, and the growing interest in comprehensive ambulatory care...In 1998 Georgetown Pharmacy/Georgetown Health Care Center in cooperation with the University of Kansas School of Pharmacy, established itself as a Community Pharmacy Practice Residency site.
Goals of the Program
The Community Pharmacy Practice Residency Program is designed to provide a structured, post-graduate education and training experience for those pharmacists who want to become leaders in pharmaceutical care.
Such a program is designed with the intent to:
- prepare residents to assume ownership or management of a community pharmacy.
- provide the resient with opportunities to develop administrative, clinical, and research skills needed to practice pharmaceutical care in a progressive setting.
- establish and further clarify the pharmacists role in the healthcare team in the delivery of health care services.
- enhance the public awareness of the community pharmacists contributions to healthcare.
About Georgetown Pharmacy/Georgetown Health Care Center
To learn more about the history of Georgetown Pharmacy / Georgetown Health Care Center, refer to the History link on the Menu.
The store slogan is "One Call Does It All." This is evident by both the quality and content of the services provided by both the Health Care Center and the Pharmacy. Such services provided include:
The Pharmacy offers an extensive list of pharmaceutical care programs:
- Ostomy and Urological supplies
- Wound Care
- Medical Equipment
- Compression Garments
A full line of pharmaceutical products are provided including compounded prescriptions, parenteral, oral and topical.
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Smoking Cessation
To be added at a later date-*Explanation of implementation of sterile products lab.
To be added at a later date-*List of some products compounded.
Pharmacy services as a site for pharmacy students on rotation. Gives the resident the opportunity to work with and teach students on rotation and serve as a role model/preceptor.
About the University of Kansas
- Program Director
Harold N. Godwin
Professor and Chairman of Pharmacy Practice
University of Kansas
School of Pharmacy
2058 Malott Hall
Lawrence, Kansas 66045-2507
- Program Preceptor
Dennis W. Hendershot
9338 West 75th Street
Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
- Graduate of accredited School of Pharmacy
- Will possess a doctor of pharmacy degree
- Eligible for Kansas licensure as a pharmacist
- Foreign pharmacy graduates, certified by the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Commission of the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy and licensed or eligible for licensure in Kansas, may be considered viable candidate for this residency program.
- Membership in national and local pharmacy association is encouraged and is reflective of the applicants professional attitude and commitment.
- Applicant must obtain professional liability insurance prior to beginning the residency.
- Applicants possessing records of academic excellence are sought after, along with evidence of the following skills and behaciors: commitment to pharmaceutical care in the community setting, motivation to discover and disseminate new knowledge through applied research in pharmaceutical care, outstanding written and verbal communiction skills, membership and record of involvement in professional organizations.
- Administration and Management
- Drug Distribution and Drug Use Control
- Clinical Services
- Drug Information Services
- Home Health Care
- Long Term Care
- Areas of Special Interest
- The program is 12 months in duration, beginning July 1 of each new year.
- A direct stipend of $40,000 is provided for the year.
- Georgetown Pharmacy provides health insurance benefits and professional liability insurance.
- Access to the University of Kansas Medical Center Library.
To place an order or for additional information: email@example.com